It is often a meal like this that can go un-posted but for those that want simple, a breakfast for dinner kind of situation, this is for you. This is a fancier more gluten free version of let’s do a fried egg on toast.
The taste of a BLT came to mind when I was thinking about dinner. Our bread was low and I am trying to avoid gluten. This turned out well on the scale of easy breezy and practically cooking itself. Happy dance, bacon boogie.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 20-30 small cherry or jam tomatoes
- 1 pound of bacon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place foil inside a baking pan for easy clean up.
- Bake the bacon for 10 minutes then flip the bacon strips for 2-5 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
- Boil eggs, start the water from cold as it will make shelling much easier. Once the water is boiling time a ten minute boil.
- Wash lettuce and tomatoes. Halve the tomatoes.
- Peel eggs and slice in half.
- Plate each portion by layering lettuce tomatoes and then the bacon, add eggs on the side.