Recently it was my birthday, I am not getting younger! I am not one of those that hangs onto my youth but I do think it is important to eat well and feed your body things that help for the long haul.
So collagen peptides? (affiliate link) When I first saw it, my initial response was “how vain”. As my mom always says, what was, was. I take that back. I mean if you can supplement to have healthy skin, joints, bones, nails and hair, why not? The idea of nourishing the skin from the inside verses just from the outside makes sense to me. Aside from vanity it also resonates with me because it supports joint and bone health. As a former dancer and Pilates instructor, I am all about a lifetime of moving. In order to sustain that goal, we need to look after our bones and joints.
This smoothie is like dessert, elevated chocolate goodness. ‘nough said.
- ¼ avocado pear
- 2 teaspoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 scoop (38 grams) pea protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 10g sachet collagen peptides
- 4 Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- Check for consistent texture if not smooth blend for another minute or more if needed.
- Add a straw and pretend you are at the beach