If vegetables were royalty I’d be an asparagus, princess asparagus to be precise. This delicate, spring vegetable is high in vitamins and minerals and adds color to your plate. Take nutrition to the hilt with this easy bake.
Good for you, can you sing if you can? Laaaa! I wish I could.
Snap, this trick of getting the woody ends. I used to slice off the ends. You’re welcome.
Garlic is a staple. A must.
Feta, take me to a Greek island, quick.
I remember going to a summer barbecue and tasting asparagus that was done to perfection. I wondered if I’d ever be able to pull that situation off. Who knew that I’d become a foodie, let alone a food blogger. Asparagus, so easy it practically cooks itself.
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup feta crumbles (good quality, I prefer to buy a block and crumble myself and if it is from Greece, all the better)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. F (220 degrees C)
- Wash the asparagus and break off the woody ends. (Hold the stalk of asparagus at either end and bend until it snaps.)
- Place the asparagus in a large bowl big enough to take the length of the asparagus then add the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix around using your hands to coat evenly.
- Place the seasoned asparagus evenly on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle the feta evenly on top.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears.