I have been a fan of quinoa since it first became a trend. I could go on and on about the fact that it is a complete protein and adds beautiful texture. It’s so versatile, I make quinoa the hero in a main or serve it as a side. It is also great for plan ahead lunches. I pack quinoa and other goodies into these meal prep storage containers. (affiate link) The containers actually inspire me to get creative and put together options of which I would not normally imagine.
Quinoa is here to stay in our family so when it can be hands off in an instant pot (affiliate link) I will take it. I tested this throroughly to get the right consistency and texture so I hope it saves you time and makes your meals and meal prep easier.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 and ¾ cups water
- Rinse the quinoa portion before use.
- Pour into instant pot inner pot
- Add the water and stir to combine
- Plug in the instant pot and hit the rice function.
- Make sure the vent is on seal
- Once the cycle is completed, the "On" will switch to "Lo"
- Open the vent to release moisture and pressure slowly. Do this slowly and carefully to not burn yourself. A dishcloth can help this process.
- Place in a serving dish and fluff with a fork.