I am back from precious Mexico! I missed you and truly I had to hold myself back from blogging. I do feel refreshed for which I am so grateful.
This recipe was inspired by one of our morning routines on this vacation in Tulum. Each morning we would get a communal yogurt for the family topped with granola, seeds and coconut. We followed this with a massive communal plate of cut fruit and sauntered off to get our morning coffee. We’d sit around the cafe with our ceramic style mugs which translated to stay a while, pause and enjoy. We took full advantage, sheer bliss. In fact I’d like to incorporate stay a while moments into my busy city life as they are so good for my heart and soul.
The granola served was simple, delicious and was the strongest taste for our communal yogurt bowl. I wanted to relive this memory so I present to you pecan granola. This can be a breakfast regular or consumed on the go as a snack.
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees farenheit
- Mix together the oats, honey, pecans, shredded coconut and salt then set aside
- In a saucepan heat the honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Combine the saucepan ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well in a bowl
- Spread the combined ingredients onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes
- Take out the oven and stir and check that the granola is evenly distributed and then bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.