Mr FIC and I read a book together, sounds nerdy (I know!) but we just loved it. We lay there sunning ourselves and were taken to the dreamy Greek island of Tilos. The simplicity of life that the author was able to convey about the island of Tilos was so pleasurable.
We couldn’t wait to read more to experience the life of Tilos. The simple, locally sourced meals accompanied by nature and the ocean air was such an inviting escape.
In a busy week of parenting, doctors appointments and finding my groove I wanted something uncomplicated for lunch. A throw what-you-have-in-your- fridge together kind of meal. I had to share it because sometimes life is real and all you have time for is something quick that is put together with love and thoughtfulness.
This was shot whilst my toddler ate lunch and my baby napped but I was taken if only for a few moments back to the simplicity of Tilos and healthy ambient meals.
- ¼ cup brown rice
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 heaped tbsp hummus
- 6-8 pitted Kalmata olives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the brown rice on one side of the bowl and the spinach leaves on the other side of the bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in layers around the bowl.
- Top with olives, salt and pepper and drizzled olive oil.
Olive oil - anti inflammatory, good for cardiovascular health, digestive health, cognitive health.