Happy Mermorial Day weekend! I feel like it was cold forever and now we are heading into summer like a freight train. Just like that, hot summer nights are here, to stay. Water, squeals and sand on the deck and I fall in love with Chicago all over again, every summer.
My whole family loves and asks for these watermelon and lime pops. I feel like I am cheating because they are stupid simple, healthy and to me, they make a meal, a moment and a memory. We clink cheers with our pops together and sometimes multiple times for my almost 2-year-old’s benefit. Sometimes we gather on the front steps and watch cars pass by or dog walkers. It’s moments like this that I am content, thankful and appreciate simplicity and quality time with those I love.
I hope you make these and memories with your peeps and look like a rockstar even if you just pulled out your blender and froze something.
- 9 cups of seedless watermelon diced into chunks
- 4 key limes or 2 regular limes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Take the pink flesh of the watermelon out and measure 9 cups worth.
- Place into a blender. I use a Vitamix
- Squeeze the limes and remove any seeds and add to blender
- Add the maple syrup.
- Place lid on blender and blitz on high for 2-3 minutes.
- I like to strain the liquid to eliminate the foam for better freezing but this step can be left out too.
- Freeze in ice pop molds for 8 hours. I stand the ice pops up in a bread tin.