I was feeling so lazy bones when I came up with this lunch. I had been out all morning with the kids. I walked 4 miles with a toddler and a baby which can feel like 10 miles at toddler pace. I wanted easy-peasy-parking cheesy. I like puns!
This was the adult lunch, the kids got plain Jane grilled cheese. The garlicky mushrooms kick up some “what’s cooking” in the kitchen comments from onlookers. Sure why not create some buzz in your own house? This lunch is great for using up the ‘shrooms without fixing something gourmet. Goats cheese sprinklings make this rich and complete. I present the meatless, elevated cheese toasty.
What I have been up to this week (affiliate links)
Forest Feast Gatherings: Simple Vegetarian Menus for Hosting Friends & Family is inspiring and challenges me to be creative with my hospitality whilst still keeping it simple. I think it is an art to keep things simple and still have people experience and feel the love from your hospitality efforts and gifts. Erin Gleeson has nailed this. She also got me on ambiance, hook, line and sinker.
Relived our childhood by watching Beethoven with our kids. Now I want a dog but I don’t want to walk a dog and 2 kids in the snow. Plus who will look after them when I travel!
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 6-8 mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablesspoon of avocado oil
- 1 cup of sharp grass fed cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bread of your choice
- ¼ cup goats cheese
- Toast the bread on high using the oven broiler making sure the racks are not too high up.
- While the bread is toasting, saute the mushrooms for 5 minutes add the garlic in the last minute.
- Add cheddar cheese once toasted to the top of each bread slice
- Add the cooked mushroom slices and then top with the goats cheese
- Put back in the oven to broil and melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.